Current Job and Internship Opportunities:
*Positions are considered open until posting is removed *
Are you interested in mental health advocacy and education for young people on college and university campuses across the country? Are you passionate about building mental health awareness so college students know where to look for resources, how to talk to a friend about seeking help, and how to maintain their own mental well-being?
Active Minds, Inc. has internship opportunities for anyone interested in learning more about how a non-profit organization functions and with strong skills in organization, multitasking, and researching.
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills
- Ability to work in a flexible, fun, and strongly team-oriented environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Creativity and a can-do attitude
- Must be able to prioritize, be dependable and manage projects
- Able to work both independently and take initiative
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and desire to learn new software
- Highest level of confidentiality and attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Experience with fundraising: recruiting sponsors, letter-writing, and planning fundraising events
Essential duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Research, Writing, Editing Projects
- Administrative and Data Entry Support
- Communications and Social Media Support
- Supporting small and large-scale event planning
- Design/Creative Projects
- Special Projects as needed
- Other duties may be assigned
If you are someone passionate about making a difference, want to jump in and become a part of a fast-paced, exciting non-profit organization, and are interested in mental health education and awareness-building, we want to hear from you!
Please note that the internships are unpaid and you must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours a week to be considered. The internship is based out of our national office in Washington, DC.