V-A-R®, Validate-Appreciate-Refer, is Active Minds’ everyday tool for everyday conversations. It’s about showing up for one another every day in meaningful ways.
Validate, Appreciate, Refer® are three easy-to-use steps that provide a path to listening and responding in a helpful way.
A conversation with you could make all the difference and prevent a crisis from developing later.
With V-A-R, Active Minds lets everyone know that someone doesn’t need to be in a crisis to seek help; you don’t have to be an expert to provide help; and help can come in many different forms. Being there for someone in a moment of need is what it’s all about.
What a Live Training will bring your community:
- Understand the meaning and usage of the V-A-R tool.
- Identify at least three “barriers” we may have in place that may impede our willingness to engage with someone about their struggles.
- Explore circumstances that may impact mental wellness among our peers, colleagues, students, employees, family, and friends.
- Engage with current trends in mental health, based on recent data.
- Discuss the value and importance of self-care as a critical component of mental health.
We Asked the Trainers: What does V-A-R® mean to you?
Schedule a Presentation
“The trainer was outstanding and the program she presented resonated with both our students and the faculty. Very pleased with both the message and delivery about V-A-R and have heard so much positive feedback from our community about the assembly.”