Are you passionate about making a difference? Interested in mental health education and awareness-building? A great team player?
We want to hear from you!
Active Minds offers three-month internships in the Fall, Spring, and Summer. Interns who can commit to more than one semester are especially encouraged to apply.
Our internships are geared towards current college students and recent college graduates. Please note that the internships are unpaid, and you must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours a week. All internships are based at our national office in Washington, DC, unless otherwise noted. Start dates and end dates are flexible.
- Summer 2019 – Cross-Departmental Internships (June 3 – August 16)
- Summer 2019 – Graphic Design Internship (June 3 – August 16)
- Fall 2019 – Cross-Departmental Internships (September 9 – December 6)
- Fall 2019 – Graphic Design Internship (September 9 – December 6)
Details about each of these internships are below.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and one reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the internship you’re interested in and your availability dates in the subject line.
We review internship applications on a rolling basis:
- Summer application review begins in March and ends May 1
Our cross-departmental internships will build your project management skills. You’ll work for multiple departments, including Programs, Communications and Marketing, Fundraising, and Administration/Management. You’ll experience a collaborative work environment and will gain an insider perspective into how a nonprofit operates. If you have a specific interest, please note this in your cover letter.
- Research, writing, editing projects
- Administrative and data entry support
- Communications and social media support
- Assisting with small and large-scale event planning
- Design/creative projects
- Other duties may be assigned
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills
- Ability to work in a flexible, fun, and strongly team-oriented environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skill
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and reliable
- Creativity and a can-do attitude
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent technical skills and social media savvy
- Fundraising experience is a plus
This internship is particularly relevant to students studying public health, business, marketing, social justice, education, psychology, sociology, community organizing, or health communications.
Do you have graphic design skills and enjoy working in a collaborative and creative environment?
Apply to join our team for a semester as Active Minds’ graphic design intern!
Because our mission is to empower high school and college students to open the conversation about mental health, we highly value the point-of-view, creative ideas, and skills of our graphic design interns.
We will work with you to create a semester where you’ll gain experience and accomplish your goals while helping us tackle all kinds of needs, both big and small, in the areas of social media, print production, email marketing, graphics, video, and more. You’ll have fun and will have a big impact.
Familiarity and experience with Adobe Creative Suite is required. You must be able to work on-site for at least three days a week. We especially encourage applications from undergraduates who attend a Washington, DC area college or university who are interested in an internship that spans more than one semester.
To apply, follow the application process above, and also include samples or a link to your design work.