Are you passionate about making a difference? Interested in mental health education and awareness-building? A great team player?
We want to hear from you!
Active Minds offers three-month internships in the Fall, Spring, and Summer. Interns who can commit to more than one semester are especially encouraged to apply.
Our internships are geared towards current college students and recent college graduates. Please note that the internships are unpaid, and you must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours a week. All internships are based at our national office in Washington, DC, unless otherwise noted. Start dates and end dates are flexible.
- Fall 2020 – Remote Cross-Departmental Internships (September 14 – December 4)
- Fall 2020 – Remote Development Internship (September 14 – December 4)
- Fall 2020 – Remote Graphic Design Internship (September 14 – December 4)
Details about each of these internships are below.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and one reference to email@example.com. Please include the internship you’re interested in and your availability dates in the subject line.
We review internship applications on a rolling basis:
- Fall 2020 application review is open!
Our cross-departmental internships will build your project management skills. You’ll work for multiple departments, including Programs, Communications and Marketing, Fundraising, and Administration/Management. You’ll experience a collaborative work environment and will gain an insider perspective into how a nonprofit operates. If you have a specific interest, please note this in your cover letter.
- Research, writing, editing projects
- Administrative and data entry support
- Communications and social media support
- Assisting with small and large-scale event planning
- Design/creative projects
- Other duties may be assigned
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills
- Ability to work in a flexible, fun, and strongly team-oriented environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skill
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and reliable
- Creativity and a can-do attitude
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent technical skills and social media savvy
- Fundraising experience is a plus
This internship is particularly relevant to students studying public health, business, marketing, social justice, education, psychology, sociology, community organizing, or health communications.
Are you passionate about mental health? Are you looking for a way to use your skills in organization? Are you a student leader who enjoys motivating others to join your cause?
Apply to join our team for a semester as Active Minds’ development intern!
As part of the development team, you’ll learn about the vitally important work of supporting a nonprofit’s mission by inspiring supporters — truly the inner workings of a nonprofit organization that few people have the opportunity to see. Development interns get an up-close look at how Active Minds financially supports a network of 800 campuses, workplaces and communities with Active Minds programs, all across the country.
You’ll strengthen your communication skills as you help develop messages that motivate people to support Active Minds. You’ll strengthen your people skills by supporting fundraisers and advocates passionate about our work. You’ll navigate cross-departmental lines developing projects in partnership with the programs and communications teams. And you will have a direct impact on the success of nationwide fundraising initiatives that support the entire organization!
The development intern is an important member of the team who supports all types of projects – big and small – to continue to move our mission forward.
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Marketing, business, and/or customer service skills
- Experience with college fundraising a plus (i.e. Fundraising/Philanthropy Chairs of student organizations)
Do you have graphic design skills and enjoy working in a collaborative and creative environment?
Apply to join our team for a semester as Active Minds’ graphic design intern!
Because our mission is to empower young people to open the conversation about mental health, we highly value the point-of-view, creative ideas, and skills of our graphic design interns.
We will work with you to create a semester where you’ll gain experience and accomplish your goals while helping us tackle all kinds of needs, both big and small, in the areas of social media, print production, email marketing, graphics, video, and more. You’ll have fun and will have a big impact.
The graphic design intern works under the supervision of Active Minds’ Visual Brand Manager and alongside Active Minds’ Contract Designer on a wide array of projects spanning the semester.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Familiarity and experience with Adobe Creative Suite is required.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys working proactively and thinking creatively.
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously.
- Comfortable with both taking initiative and working collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate well with others and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Stickler for details and quality.
To apply, follow the application process above, and please include samples or a link to your design work.