We’re thrilled to announce a new chapter grant launch opportunity!
In partnership with the California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA) and the ECMC Foundation, Active Minds is proud to offer grants to select minority-serving institutions (MSIs) nationwide to launch new Active Minds chapters. We expect this unique opportunity to support the development of strong and sustainable Active Minds chapters with an added boost of curated resources and funding. Active Minds has established the contents and deliverables of the grant opportunity based on years of experience in launching chapters, recommendations from student leaders, and public health expertise of Active Minds staff.
The Chapter Launch Grant includes:
- A free curated campus outreach kit of Active Minds swag, giveaways, and tabling materials
- $250 for a chapter launch event and a list of ideas that you can use to start
- Up to three personalized technical assistance calls with Active Minds staff
- Access to all of the resources available to Active Minds chapters nationwide:
- Downloadable Chapter Foundations Workbook
- Active Minds’ treasure trove of campaigns, kits, outreach materials, and more
- Active Minds’ professional support resources, including the Active Minds National Student Slack Network, Monthly Office Hours, Annual Chapter Online Summit, Chapter Hub, Active Minds National Conference discounts, and more
What you’ll need to complete the application:
- Contact information for three student leaders (A compelling application will demonstrate respresentation from students who are earlier in their college careers and have more time remaining on campus)
- Letter of commitment from a faculty or staff member who will serve as the chapter’s advisor
- Statement of support from a member of the counseling center staff or equivalent mental health services professional (only required if the chapter advisor role is held by someone who is not a mental health counselor)
Applications are due no later than Friday, October 19th!
For more information about this opportunity, a PDF is available for download.