This two-hour workshop explores the prevalence and incidence of suicide, with a focus on college students. We discuss current, pressing issues that are related to suicide, and unpack myths and misperceptions. Participants leave with a comprehensive booklet from the QPR Institute, and three tangible skills that will help avert the tragedy of suicide.
After completing this training, audiences will be equipped with the tools to:
1. Recognize when someone may be at risk for suicide
2. Identify the warning signs of suicide
3. Intervene if someone is in crisis
4. Refer someone to proper resources
5. Get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
…and much more.