Active Minds is looking at offering a 2023 Wall Calendar in our store but we wanted to make it unique. The best way to make that happen is to highlight the talents of the students in the Active Minds Chapters community. We are offering the chance for you to submit a design that could be the artwork for a month in the calendar!
Those whose design gets chosen for the calendar will receive a $50 Amazon gift card and three complimentary calendars to share with their family and friends. If you submit a design and it is not chosen, it will not be ignored or go to waste! We will make an effort to share or feature entries that are not selected in some way during 2023.
If you are interested in creating a digital design and submitting it for consideration, here is what we are looking for:
- The design should feature a quote or affirmation that supports your mental well-being.
- Make it wholly your own. Aim for a unique/creative feel that is a true personal expression.
- Do not make your design specific to a month. Allow the flexibility for it to be used at any point in the calendar.
- Please ensure you follow the artwork specifications listed below.
- Design size is 8.5” x 11”
- Here is a visual example of the layout and vital design rules to follow. You can also download an editable version for InDesign here.
- Make sure you take note of the bleed requirements, the cut line, and the safe margin. The simplest way to think of it is that the artwork needs to cover the entire area but any text or design aspects that you don’t want to risk being cut off, need to be within the safe margin.
- These are the preferred vector file types (but feel free to submit what works for you):
- PDF (Adobe Acrobat): Embed the fonts used or export as a generic .eps
- AI, INDD, or EPS (Adobe Illustrator & InDesign): Convert text to outlines, embed any linked images
Design submissions are due November 9th. Send your design or any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org. If files are too large, upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link. We are excited to see your art!