Position Title: K-12 Engagement Fellow
Status: Part-time, Temporary
Location: Remote; North Carolina Based
Timeframe: September 6, 2022 – June 30, 2023
JOB SUMMARY AND KEY PRIORITIES:
Active Minds is hiring three full-time fellows in Florida, Minnesota, and North Carolina (one in each state) to join our K-12 Team for the 2022-2023 academic year (September 6, 2022 – June 30, 2023). Engagement Fellows have a unique opportunity for high levels of responsibility and to help shape school mental health locally. . Engagement Fellows will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to recruit schools to participate in the Active Minds programs.
Engagement Fellows will lead local and statewide outreach efforts to recruit schools to participate in the newly developed Active Minds Middle School Network. The Engagement Fellow is an integral part of the K-8 Engagement team and will report to the Manager of K-8 Engagement and will work collaboratively with the Active Minds K-12 Initiatives, Chapters, and Community Programs teams.
Engagement Fellows will work remotely with an anticipated state date of September 6, 2022 and an end date of June 30, 2023. There will be potential to extend annually for up to three years based on project needs and the availability of funding. Engagement Fellows are expected to work 29 hours per week, set a consistent schedule between 9am – 5pm EST Monday – Friday, with the ability to flex schedules accordingly when working outside of those hours.
ABOUT ACTIVE MINDS
Active Minds is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization supporting mental health awareness and education for young adults. Through our presence in more than 1,000 high schools and colleges, communities, and workplaces, and with a wide-reaching public audience, Active Minds is creating communities of support and saving lives. Founded in 2003 by Alison Malmon after the tragic suicide of her brother, Brian, Active Minds is dedicated to supporting a new generation in ending the silence, helping to make mental health as highly valued as physical health. We approach our work with a racial equity lens and are committed to the continued process of being and becoming a more anti-racist and inclusive organization. Through our many programs, we are changing social norms and behaviors related to mental health across the country.
Support the Active Minds K-12 Initiatives team by:
- Community Engagement and School Recruitment: Initiate outreach strategies to reach local and state public health agencies, school and district administrators, parent/caregiver organizations, and other community partners to help recruit middle schools to join the Active Minds Network. Maintain relationships and partnerships with current K-12 adult stakeholders. Community and school events may be virtual or in-person.
- Training and Communications: Coordinate and facilitate meetings and presentations with key community leaders with the goal of recruiting districts and middle schools to join the Active Minds network. Represent Active Minds at local and state public health and school health conferences either by exhibiting and/or presenting. Meetings and presentations may be virtual or in-person.
- Administration: Maintain and track organized records in the organization-wide CRM system, Salesforce.
Recent undergraduate student or current graduate student with an interest in school and community health and education
- Interest in supporting youth mental health
- Experience in community programs organizing community or school events ● Knowledge of or experience in school health and wellness work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver effective presentations and write reports and business correspondence
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Experience with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Dropbox, CRM Tools, and Slack are preferred but not required
- Ability to travel for 2-5 days at a time to attend meetings and events ● Reliable transportation is preferred but not required
Compensation: Active Minds Fellows will receive $18/hour
Active Minds is a place where every employee matters. We value diverse perspectives, radical authenticity, and a community-driven approach. We dream big, offering flexibility to staff while we work to achieve our mission. As such, we are proud to offer competitive salaries and benefits and an environment that is friendly to remote working and life/work balance.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover through this application form.
Active Minds is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is important to us to reflect the communities we serve. Active Minds thus recruits, hires, trains, compensates, and promotes our staff regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.