Position Title: Manager, Chapter Membership
Status: Full Time
Location: Flexible, Washington, DC preferred
JOB SUMMARY AND KEY PRIORITIES:
Active Minds is seeking a dynamic individual to manage and oversee the logistics, technical assistance, and strategic growth of the Active Minds Chapter Network. The Network is comprised of 600+ student-led chapters at colleges and high schools, and requires a Manager who is familiar with volunteer engagement, youth development, program planning, and effective training skills. The Manager’s responsibilities will include providing technical assistance to students in their efforts to launch Active Minds chapters, organize and implement events, recruit members, expand reach, and more. This highly collaborative position will also be supportive of Active Minds’ efforts around macro mobilization of students, chapter-related grant and contract deliverables, student leadership cultivation, and chapter evaluation work. This position currently reports to the VP, Community Initiatives, and will eventually report to the Director of Chapters.
ABOUT ACTIVE MINDS
Active Minds is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization supporting mental health awareness and education for young adults. Through our presence in more than 1,000 high schools and colleges, communities, and workplaces, and with a wide-reaching public audience, Active Minds is creating communities of support and saving lives. Founded in 2003 by Alison Malmon after the tragic suicide of her brother, Brian, Active Minds is dedicated to supporting a new generation in ending the silence, helping to make mental health as highly valued as physical health. We approach our work with a racial equity lens and are committed to the continued process of being and becoming a more anti-racist and inclusive organization. Through our many programs, we are changing social norms and behaviors related to mental health across the country.
- Management of Active Minds’ Chapter Network: Manage and oversee the macro-level education and training of Active Minds’ rapidly growing nationwide network of 600+ student-powered chapters with an eye on strategic growth and high-quality technical assistance. This includes:
- Implement new strategies that facilitate chapter support, education, training, and access to Active Minds National Staff in a scalable way.
- In partnership with the K-12 Initiatives and Higher Ed teams, ensure accessibility and responsiveness of Active Minds chapter programming for high school and college/university chapters.
- Data-Driven Approach to Training and Technical Assistance: Maintain a strong understanding of the goals of student leaders with their chapter work and initiate program and campaign design as appropriate. This includes:
- In partnership with the Evaluation & Research Team, implement innovative evaluation strategies to ensure that Active Minds’ chapter resources are responsive to current conversations around mental health and that the national office has clear and comprehensive insight with regard to the reach of our chapter work.
- Collect, review, and report information from chapters nationwide about their needs, contact information, and their impact with regularity (at least three times a year) and also from faculty/staff advisors, counseling center directors, and other key individuals working with chapters.
- Track and report progress of all projects and deliverables.
- Highlight and elevate particularly unique programs that may be scalable and identify pressing issues and conversations among chapters and initiate opportunities to respond with effective national messaging, program offerings, and more.
- Chapter Communications: Working with the Communications and Marketing teams, design effective communications for chapters to maximize engagement and awareness. This includes oversight of the Active Minds Student Slack Network, strategic use of texting, email newsletters, and other strategies.
- Chapter Registration and Onboarding: Oversee chapter registration and onboarding logistics. This includes effective registration practices in Salesforce, technical assistance around the registration process, and designing comprehensive onboarding materials that promote chapters’ understanding of best practices and resources.
- Intern and/or Associate Management: Manage the work of at least one intern and/or associate ensuring high-quality work and a positive professional development experience.
- Salesforce Management: Maintain and track chapter records/reports/rosters, project details, and communication in the organization-wide CRM system.
- Departmental/Organization-wide: Support other programs and teams as needed, especially on projects related to chapter engagement, student mobilization, including community programs, K-12 initiatives, higher ed programming, etc. Ensure relevant milestones delineated in the Active Minds strategic plan are met or exceeded on time. As needed, represent Active Minds at conferences, meetings, trainings, and other events. Participate in organization-wide miscellaneous duties as needed, including supporting the National Conference and participating on cross-department anti-racism and inclusion committees
- Demonstrated experience providing virtual technical assistance and training to a network of students/volunteers
- Knowledge of or experience with mental health as a field
- Experience planning programs and/or designing training programs
- A collaborative approach and team-oriented style, able to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals
- Belief that equity and social justice are important and driven to hear, reflect, and act on this belief
- Advocate for social entrepreneurship and a believer in young people making an impact
Minimum salary for this position is $60,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation and sick time; paid federal holidays; health, dental and vision coverage; and 401(k) matching. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. Candidates whose experience meets both the minimum and preferred qualifications may be considered for a starting salary that exceeds the current amount.
Active Minds is a place where every employee matters. We value diverse perspectives, radical authenticity, and a community-driven approach. We dream big, offering flexibility to staff while we work to achieve our mission. As such, we are proud to offer competitive salaries and benefits and an environment that is friendly to remote working and life/work balance.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter through this application form.
Active Minds is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is important to us to reflect the communities we serve. Active Minds thus recruits, hires, trains, compensates, and promotes our staff regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.