Senior Manager, Training and Content
Position Title: Senior Manager, Training and Content
Status: Full Time
Location: Flexible, Washington, DC preferred
JOB SUMMARY AND KEY PRIORITIES:
ABOUT ACTIVE MINDS
Active Minds is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization mobilizing young adults to change the culture around mental health. Through our presence in more than 1,000 high schools and colleges, communities, and workplaces, and with a wide-reaching public audience, Active Minds is creating communities of support and saving lives. Founded in 2003 by Alison Malmon after the tragic suicide of her brother, Brian, Active Minds is dedicated to supporting a new generation in ending the silence, helping to make mental health as highly valued as physical health. We approach our work with a racial equity lens and are committed to the continued process of being and becoming a more anti-racist and inclusive organization. Through our many programs, we are changing social norms and behaviors related to mental health across the country.
- Lead the development of content and curriculum that supports BIPOC and LGBTQ+ youth and young adults to drive mental health change in their communities through Community Initiatives programs, including V-A-R®, Send Silence Packing, and Active Minds Speakers trainings.
- Develop comprehensive train-the-trainers V-A-R curriculum to be widely accessible to community members, young adults, and other key audiences.
- Support innovative development of responsive content that meets the needs of community members, employees, and employers.
- Work collaboratively with the Research and Evaluation Team to document Active Minds’ impact through rigorous internal and external evaluation and research.
- Design and develop material to be used for in-person, virtual, and video-based learning.
Content Strategy and Consultation:
- Explore opportunities for next steps and future iterations of content (i.e. V-A-R®) including a self-paced learning module, and more.
- Work with colleagues to consider strategy for content development and training, inclusive of marketing plans.
- Review films, TV shows, scripts, books, and other mediums proposed by external organizations aiming to partner with Active Minds and make recommendations based on Active Minds’ unique approach and best practices in the field.
Training Facilitation and Management:
- Strategize the development of a nationwide network of V-A-R certified trainers through contact management, reach tracking, community building, and strategic engagement.
- In-person and virtual implementation of comprehensive training sessions with diverse audiences including community members, employees, employers, young adults, and others.
- Support the training and onboarding of Active Minds’ current and new speakers. Lead the development of training curriculum for future iterations of the Active Minds Speakers programs.
- Work with colleagues across the organization to ensure the most effective, comprehensive implementation and marketing of community initiatives content and trainings.
- Ensure that all content and curriculum development related goals within the Active Minds 2023-2028 strategic plan are met or exceeded.
- Manage budgets; maintain and track organized records in the organization-wide CRM system, Salesforce; and participate in cross-department committees and initiatives.
- Highly effective and experienced public speaker/trainer
- At least six years of experience in curriculum and/or content development with a focus on youth and young adults of color and LGBTQ youth and young adults
- Spanish language fluency a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in mental health and/or public health
- Knowledge of or experience with youth engagement and mobilization
- A collaborative approach and team-oriented style, able to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals
- Strong background in areas of youth and young adult learning using proven principles of instructional design
- Ability to design and develop materials for in-person, virtual, and video-based learning
- Belief that equity and social justice are important and driven to listen, reflect, and act on this belief
- Advocate for social entrepreneurship and a believer in young people making an impact
This position offers an initial salary range of $72,000 – $80,000 along with robust benefits. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. Candidates whose experience meets both the minimum and preferred qualifications may be considered for a starting salary that exceeds the current amount. The role sits within Active Minds Level 4a salary band, and as such, has the potential to grow to $102,000 over time. FLSA Status: Exempt.
Active Minds has an industry-leading and competitive benefits package that includes Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Company Wide Mental Health Days, 401(k) Matching, HSA and FSA Options, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Fully Paid Parental Leave, Wellness Reimbursement Program, and Professional Development Stipends.
Active Minds recruits, hires, trains, compensates, and promotes our staff regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Active Minds is a place where every employee matters. We value diverse perspectives, radical authenticity, and a community-driven approach. We dream big, offering flexibility to staff while we work to achieve our mission. As such, we are proud to offer competitive salaries and benefits and an environment that is friendly to remote working and life/work balance.
Active Minds is an equal opportunity employer that works to advance racial equity and social justice in an increasingly multicultural and globally connected world. We value diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background, intersectional identities, and lived experiences. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and people with other marginalized identities. Active Minds encourages all to apply for our open positions as we depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume through this application form.
Active Minds is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is important to us to reflect the communities we serve. Active Minds thus recruits, hires, trains, compensates, and promotes our staff regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.