Position Title: Senior Web & Digital Content Associate
Status: Full Time
Location: Washington, D.C. or Remote
JOB SUMMARY AND KEY PRIORITIES:
The Senior Web & Digital Content Associate is responsible for the ever-growing web presence of Active Minds, bringing projects from all departments to life on our digital platforms. This role will bring thought leadership to how Active Minds is portrayed to external audiences, including its membership, supporters, and the general public.
The Senior Web & Digital Content Associate reports to the Visual Brand Manager, in addition to collaborating with other staff to express the Active Minds brand.
About Active Minds
Active Minds is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization supporting mental health awareness and education for young adults. Through our presence in more than 1,000 high school and college campuses, communities, and workplaces, and with a wide-reaching public audience, Active Minds is creating communities of support and saving lives. Founded in 2003 by Alison Malmon after the tragic suicide of her brother, Brian, Active Minds is dedicated to supporting a new generation in ending the silence, helping to make mental health as highly valued as physical health. We approach our work with a racial equity lens and are committed to the continued process of being and becoming a more anti-racist and inclusive organization. Through our many programs, we are changing social norms and behaviors related to mental health across the country.
Website Content Management (70%)
- Lead copy and content updates on the Active Minds’ website and forms, including drafting, editing, proofreading, and/or incorporating new or revised copy to reflect timely priorities.
- Develop & manage Program, Development, and special event microsites and landing pages, as well as associated assets and forms.
- Coordinate with internal and external technology partners to connect front-end design (WordPress) with back-end support and data storage in Active Minds’ CRM (Salesforce).
- Manage and optimize web analytics, including ongoing traffic tracking and reporting, to assess website effectiveness and to prioritize investment in continued website development.
- Lead quarterly reviews of content audits to ensure quality, accuracy, and relevancy of all website content.
- Manage overall maintenance and functionality of the Active Minds website.
- Populate, organize, and update Active Minds’ public photo albums; oversee intern support in managing our digital assets (organizing and assigning metadata on photos, etc.).
Google Ads / SEO (15%)
- Serve as Active Minds’ organizational subject matter expert on SEO, Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Google Tag Manager.
- Create and optimize paid search campaigns and other digital advertising, including keyword research, quality score management and bidding optimization, in coordination with Marketing and Communications teammates.
- Utilize and optimize SEO/SEM, user experience, digital advertising, promotions, etc. to build brand awareness, and generate engagement with our audience.
Additional Responsibilities (15%)
- As needed and where possible, create simple video content for social, web, and email purposes.
- Support the integration of Active Minds’ visual brand into the development of store products promotion.
- Participate fully in Active Minds’ Anti-Racism and Inclusion plan, including serving on internal committees and continuing personal growth and knowledge gaining.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Creative / creator personality, while likewise a stickler for details and quality.
- Passion for exceptional UX.
- Belief that equity and social justice are important and driven to hear, reflect, and act on this belief.
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and with fellow staff members.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys working proactively.
- Problem solver who is eager to find solutions in collaboration with the other team members, when needed.
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional website content management and development.
- Strong grasp of WordPress platform, experience with SEO, SEM, and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of and experience in nonprofit marketing and communications efforts.
- Confident knowledge of image editing and optimization.
- Experience with CRM systems (ex. Salesforce) and other databases a plus.
- Professional digital literacy, including Microsoft and Google products, and online meeting tools.
This position offers an initial salary range of $56,000-$60,000, along with robust benefits. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. Candidates whose experience meets both the minimum and preferred qualifications may be considered for a starting salary that exceeds the current amount. The role sits within Active Minds Level 2 salary band, and as such, has the potential to grow to $72,000 over time. FLSA Status: Exempt
Active Minds is an equal opportunity employer that works to advance racial equity and social justice in an increasingly multicultural and globally connected world. We value diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background, intersectional identities, and lived experiences. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and people with other marginalized identities. Active Minds encourages all to apply for our open positions as we depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover through this application form.
Active Minds recruits, hires, trains, compensates, and promotes our staff regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.