Position Title: Web and Digital Content Associate
Location: Washington, DC
JOB SUMMARY AND KEY PRIORITIES:
The Web and Digital Content Associate is responsible for the ever-growing web presence of Active Minds,
bringing projects from all departments to life on our digital platforms. This role will bring thought
leadership to how Active Minds is portrayed to external audiences, including its membership,
supporters, and the general public.
The Web and Digital Content Associate reports to the Visual Brand Manager, in addition to collaborating
with other staff to express the Active Minds brand.
ABOUT ACTIVE MINDS
Active Minds is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization changing the culture around mental health.
Through our presence at more than 1,000 high school and college campuses, in corporate settings, and
with a wide-reaching public audience, Active Minds is creating communities of support and saving lives.
Founded in 2003 by Alison Malmon after the tragic suicide of her brother Brian, Active Minds is
dedicated to supporting a new generation in ending the silence, helping to make mental health as highly
valued as physical health. Through our many programs – including the emotionally gripping Send Silence
Packing® traveling exhibit and our compelling Active Minds Speakers – we are changing culture and
behaviors related to mental health across the country.
Website Content Management (70%)
- Lead copy and content updates on the Active Minds’ website and forms, including drafting,
editing, proofreading, and/or incorporating new or revised copy to reflect timely priorities.
- Develop and manage Program, Development, and special event microsites and landing pages, as
well as associated assets and forms.
- Coordinate with internal and external technology partners to connect front-end design
(WordPress) with back-end support and data storage in Active Minds’ CRM (Salesforce).
- Manage and optimize web analytics, including ongoing traffic tracking and reporting, to assess
website effectiveness and to prioritize investment in continued website development.
- Lead quarterly reviews of content audits to ensure quality, accuracy, and relevancy of all website
- Manage overall maintenance and functionality of the Active Minds website.
- Populate, organize, and update Active Minds’ public photo albums; oversee intern support in
managing our digital assets (organizing and assigning meta data on photos, etc.).
Google Ads / SEO (15%)
- Serve as Active Minds’ organizational subject matter expert on SEO, Google Analytics, Google
Ads, and Google Tag Manager.
- Create and optimize paid search campaigns and other digital advertising, including keyword
research, quality score management and bidding optimization, in coordination with Marketing
and Communications teammates.
- Utilize and optimize SEO/SEM, user experience, digital advertising, promotions, etc. to build
brand awareness, and generate engagement with our audience.
Other duties as assigned (15%)
- Where possible, create simple video content for social, web, and email purposes.
- Support the integration of Active Minds’ visual brand into the development of store products
- Creative / creator personality, while also a stickler for details and quality.
- Passion for exceptional UX.
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and with fellow staff members.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys working proactively.
- Thrives in a fast pace work environment.
You need to have:
- 2+ years of professional website content management and development.
- Strong grasp of WordPress platform, experience with SEO, SEM, and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of and experience in nonprofit marketing and communications efforts.
- Confident knowledge of image editing and optimization.
- Experience with CRM systems (ex. Salesforce) and other databases a plus.
- Professional digital literacy, including Microsoft and Google products, and online meeting tools.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Web and Digital Content Associate.”
Active Minds is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is important to us to reflect the communities we serve. Active Minds thus recruits, hires, trains, compensates, and promotes our staff regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.