We’re on a mission to educate, inspire, and save lives.
Active Minds is seeking top talent who are ready and willing to powerfully engage new audiences and change the conversation about mental health across the country! Our next speaker is courageous, inspiring, encouraging, authentic, and educational. Candidates must be willing to harness their personal mental health story to lead a movement of impact and to elevate the voices of young people.
Research shows that the best way to reduce mental health stigma and increase help-seeking is through peer-to-peer outreach that provides safe and engaging conversations about mental health. Through personal stories, presentations, workshops, and panel discussions, our speakers interweave real world experiences with key educational messaging about mental health.
Our speakers travel all over the country to share messages of hope and healing to middle schools, high schools, colleges, and professional organizations. They act as an impactful resource for students, young adults, administrators, counselors, faculty, parents, and professionals.
Our speakers bureau works to achieve three key goals:
- encourage people to identify, talk about, and seek help for mental health issues
- create an accepting space for audiences to do so
- provide tangible skills and calls to action that leave audiences safely equipped to help change the culture of mental health in their environment
How to apply
Candidates must be willing to be trained by Active Minds staff to present their stories according to Active Minds guidelines. Although not required, it is also helpful if a candidate has already spoken before large audiences, and has references and/or testimonials that can be verified. Our speakers are required to adhere to the standards of content and conduct set forth by Active Minds. Lastly, speakers must be willing to travel across the country to share their presentation to our networks. Please note that we have a limited amount of spots on our speakers bureau and submission of materials does not guarantee consideration.
To be considered as a member of the Active Minds Speakers, please submit the following requirements:
- A video recording of your presentation (live or prepared; professionally recording or editing not required but video should include the basic content of your presentation and be visually and audibly clear)
- Your biography
- Outline of your speech including a title
- List of key mental health topics addressed in speech
- Testimonials and/or references – optional