Active Minds National Conference 2022
Turn it Up: Amplifying Mental Health in Our Culture
The nation’s premier conference focused on young adults and mental health
February 10, 2022, 2-5 PM EST
All times listed in Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Click session titles for descriptions
2:00 PM | Welcome Address
2:15 PM | Keynote from Yusuf Omar
2:35 PM | Using Data to Improve Mental Health
3:10 PM | Words Matter: Responding to Mental Health Microaggressions
3:40 PM | Flash Talk: Understanding the Ups and Downs of Our Minds and Building Human Connection
4:15 PM | Breakout Sessions
Mental Health Advocacy in the Transition From High School to College
Navigating Tough Conversation Using V-A-R®
“Nothing About Us Without Us”: Advocating for Mental Health Policy Change
Designing Racial Equity in Higher Education Mental Health
5:00 PM | Conference Concludes
Additional On-demand Content for Ticket Holders:
Inaccessible Accessibility: Mental Health Disabilities in Higher Education
Mindful Grocery Stores: Building a Resilient Workforce
Equitable Mental Health: Championing LGBTQ Youth
Advocating for Mental Health in a Digital Culture
Change What We Normalize About Mental Health
Creating Responsive Communities of Care
Our virtual event will include closed captions. If you are in need of ASL services, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can work to accommodate your needs, particularly during the concurrent sessions.
Conference 2022 FAQs
meet the presenters
Conference Attendee Portal
about the conference
The Active Minds National Conference is the nation’s premier conference focused on young adults and mental health.
Presented since 2004, this highly anticipated annual event brings together hundreds of young adults and mental health leaders; campus and school professionals; government, foundation, and corporate representatives from across the country to share ideas and advance knowledge about mental health education, advocacy, and awareness.
The conference annually showcases the most innovative and effective approaches to supporting young adult well-being and changing the conversation about mental health on campuses, in workplaces, and within our communities.
Highlights of the Active Minds National Conference includes inspiring keynote presentations and breakout sessions led by esteemed mental health, higher education, and other experts. Learn more about the presenters here.
- Campus professionals including deans, vice presidents, faculty, and staff in Student Affairs, Student Life, Student Health, Counseling, Psychology, Public Health, and more
- Government, foundation, and corporate representatives invested in the health and well-being of students and communities
- Mental health leaders including representatives of mental health organizations as well as practitioners
- School administrators including principals, superintendents, guidance counselors, and social work
- Young adult leaders ages 14-24+ including Active Minds chapter members and alumni, fraternity and sorority leaders, student body presidents, and all others who are committed to mental health awareness and suicide prevention.
Throughout the process of planning our 2022 National Conference, our top priority has remained the health and safety of our attendees. For this reason, after much deliberation, and in consideration of the impacts of the Omicron variant, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the in-person 2022 Active Minds National Conference.
We will be offering instead a curated virtual Conference on February 10, 2022 from 2-5 PM EST.