Today marks the official kick off of our Spring 2018 tour of Send Silence Packing! First stop: Tennessee Tech University. (Photo from this display shown above ^^ due to weather, the exhibit had to be moved indoors, but still powerful nonetheless).
Send Silence Packing displays over 1,000 donated backpacks, representing the number of college students lost to suicide each year. The program is designed to raise awareness about the incidence and impact of suicide, connect students to needed mental health resources, and inspire action for suicide prevention. We’re grateful to our host sites, sponsors, and partners for the opportunity to bring this important program to their communities.
The Spring 2018 Tour will travel across the country, making stops in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida — and making it all the way to California.
Here is a line-up of the Send Silence Packing Spring 2018 Tour:
- March 20 – Tennessee Technological University
- March 22 – The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- March 26 – The University of Mississippi
- April 2 – Auburn University
- April 5 – Florida Atlantic University
- April 16 – Fresno City College
- April 17 – Clovis Community College
- April 19 – College of the Desert
- April 24 – Riverside City College
- April 26 – Mt. San Jacinto College
- April 30 – San Marcos
- May 1 – Madera Center
- May 3 – Reedley College
- May 7 – Santa Monica College
- May 9 – San Diego City College
- May 15 – UCLA
- May 17 – Palomar
- May 23 – Mental Health Matters Day – Sacramento, California
As you can tell, we are covering a lot of ground with this tour and we’d love for you to follow along! Keep an eye out for future blog posts and follow along for updates on our Instagram to see videos and photos from the road.