Chapter Development Grant
Active Minds wants to help fund your chapter activities! We know that you have great ideas and chapter leaders’ creativity is limitless but, sometimes, finding the funding can put a damper on the best laid plans. We’re able to offer small grants to chapters during the academic year up to $250 to help you get that seed money.
Please read this entire page before submitting your application.
- Only fully completed applications will be considered. Be sure to hit the submit button at the end of your application.
- Grants are offered August-May with the exception of the month of December. Applications for the academic year will begin being accepted on August 1 and will close on May 15. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- You may apply for any amount of funding up to $250. You may be funded at a different level than requested.
- Your chapter can only be funded once per academic year. You may reapply for the same or a different program if you are not awarded funding.
- Awarded funds will be delivered in the form of a check. It may take 30-60 days for the payment to process. Checks must be deposited or cashed within 30 days of receipt.
- Within 30 days of your funded activity, you must submit a blog post (including at least one picture). Upon notification of award you will receive detailed instructions on how to write and submit your blog post.
- Events that include a fundraising component on behalf of Active Minds National will be given preference for funding. Information and ideas about chapter fundraising can be found here.
If you have questions about the application process you can post in Slack in the #chaptersupport channel or email firstname.lastname@example.org