What is Active Minds PostSecretU?
Active Minds PostSecretU is a campus-based community art project that uses submitted secrets to unlock tremendous programming potential on a campus. These live displays spark conversation, raise hidden issues important to the community, and provides direction for future programming, advocacy, and change.
PostSecretU is the OFFICIAL PostSecret event for college campuses as endorsed by Frank Warren*, creator of his trademarked PostSecret blog. Therefore, the program is ONLY available to Active Minds chapters and all chapters are asked to use PostSecretU materials exclusively when holding events of this type on their campuses.
*For safety and copyright reasons, Active Minds chapters are not permitted to run unofficial PostSecret programs on their campuses.
What is PostSecret?
PostSecret is an ongoing community art project and blog, created and maintained by Frank Warren, where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. The content of the secrets range from serious to hilarious and touch on a number of issues including family dynamics, physical/emotional/sexual abuse, sex, mental health, suicidality, bodily functions, and various eccentricities.
What are the benefits of PostSecretU?
- PostSecretU is the OFFICIAL PostSecret event for college campuses. Participating in PostSecretU means you will not infringe on any of Frank Warren's PostSecret registered copyrights or trademarks.
- Create an open and safe forum for students to express their secrets, regrets, fears, desires, and talents
- Encourage a dialogue about the issues students face--with an emphasis on mental health issues
- Foster a more open and connected campus community
- Let students know they are not alone and that they should speak up and reach out for help if needed.
- Increase awareness about mental health services and resources available on campus
- Promote Active Minds chapters and their mission and brand on campus
- Earn $100 or $250 in credit toward your annual fundraising goal
**We recommend ordering your kit at least eight weeks prior to the beginning of your postcard collection period!**